This is the time of year that many companies publish their best of lists and we are doing the same. As 2017 draws to a close, we take a look back on some of the information that encouraged you to deploy storage based on the world’s most popular software-defined storage operating system, FreeNAS.
You watched our videos on TrueNAS and FreeNAS over 100,000 times. It is clear that some of you are interested in an earlier release of FreeNAS. If you are interested in downloading FreeNAS 11, you can find it here. Here is the list of the top five most viewed videos:
TrueNAS Core and TrueNAS make it simpler and more economical for both SMBs and enterprises to modernize their IT infrastructures with a cost-effective OpenZFS-based enterprise storage array. This is demonstrated by the over 60,000 3rd-party videos on TrueNAS Core and TrueNAS. The most watched 3rd party videos in 2017 were:
- Building My Own NAS – Home file server build with FreeNAS [Taylor Tech]
- Getting Started With FreeNAS 11: Install, Configure, Setup Users, Setup Shares & How Snapshots Work [Lawrence Systems]
- The New FreeNAS 11 Web UI is better looking than Corral UI! [Keith Walker]
- 36 TB FreeNAS Build: Hardware & Setup. Kingwin Tray-Less Hot-Swap & Western Digital Red NAS Drive [Lawrence Tech]
- Crazy 16TB 2017 Home NAS Build // FreeNAS, ESXi, iSCSI [Guy, Robot]
- Disk Price Analysis
- FreeNAS Community Hardware Recommendations Guide
- FN11 Jails for Plex, PlexPy, Sonarr, Radarr, Headphones, Jackett, Ombi, Transmission, Organizr
- Github repository for FreeNAS scripts, including disk burn-in
- Replacing a Failed / Failing Disk
I hope that you found this list useful and that it prompted you to view information that you missed the first time around. The iXsystems Team wishes a safe and happy holiday to all of you and your families. Thank you for a great 2017, and we’re looking forward to the arrival of big things in 2018!
Reprinted with permission from iXsystems.